Monday, September 7, 2009

L[A]BOR DAY!!!



SOOOOO....TODAY IS LABOR DAY!!!

Which means... #1 no school!!! ...#2 the last day to wear white...(yea right) AND...#3 THE WEST INDIAN DAY PARADE!!

Too bad for me i had to go to my school and retrieve soe things to do last minute homework....yes i am a procrastinator.

But anyway...i repped my Bajan (Barbadian...which ever u prefer) heritage with some gold and blue eyeshadow, yellow nails, a I <3 BARBADOS belt and, a blue black and yellow beaded bracelet (from barbados). Of course i was only mildly dressed compared to most...

But while i was on the train, frustrated at the fact that i wasn't in my bed watching TV...i took note of a few things...


1) Brooklyn and Queens are FULL of Jamaican and Guyanese people!! Ya'll REALLY roll deep....I didnt spot one single Bajan! Maybe i was on the wrong train...idk.

2) Labor day is an excuse for girls/women to wear as little as possible.... I used to think it was the heat that did it. I thought that the carribbean-ish weather was what had people walking around in bikinis and pum-pum shorts... But today with the temperature in the mid 70s i realized i was wrong.

Im partly glad I didnt see any Bajans today because if they were wearing anything close to what i saw today, I would have bowed my head in shame....smh...o well at least its only one day...(for most people o_0)

and lastly...

3) ALLLL the west indians live in Rosedale!!!! And which bus did i have to take to get home??? THE ROSEDALE BUS!!! omg!! Longest line evaaaaa!!!! Then when I finally got on the bus, I had 2 deal with 2 loud boys speaking patois and singing "AY YOU GAL WIT THA TITE UP SKIRT!!!"....smh. what a day...

I LOVE NEW YORK!!! LOL
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment